As Purchasing Assistant you will be reporting to the Procurement Manager, the main purpose of job role will involve supporting of the Procurement Manager with daily administration functions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Raising and processing Purchase Orders
- Liaise with teams on costs, lead-times and supplier issues as required
- Dealing with and resolving queries
- Communication with suppliers and internal stakeholders on the status of material availability and requirements.
- Comply with all company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Answering and making telephone calls
- Perform clerical tasks in an accurate and timely fashion according to accuracy and department standards
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 0830 / 1700 (one hour lunch unpaid)
Rate of Pay: £8.00 per hour
Skills and Experience Required
- Administrative experience preferred
- Conscientious with meticulous attention for detail
- Good IT skills, Inc. Excel, Word and Outlook experience would be beneficial
- Communication skills (telephone/e-mail/meeting)
- Organised and able to correctly prioritise your workload to meet tight deadlines
- Purchasing experience is desirable
Apply with a CV and covering letter for the attention of Sandra Lewis